The mini fashionistas infinity scarf


Project Run & Play - season 9 kicked off this week. It happens that I am on a pattern testing marathon these last two weeks so I was left with very little time to make an elaborate outfit...

The solution was making one of my all-time favorite projects: infinity scarves! I love the way they just add a bit of a flare to a simple outfit.
It is easy and quick to make! Who doesn't love an instant gratification project?

This week's theme is "Put me to the zoo" and the concept is to create something inspired from our favorite or our child's favorite animal.
When I asked my girls about their favorite animal they started "humm..."... "haaah..." I must be doing something wrong as a mom because my girls don't have a favorite animal... Can you believe that?! I had to go and grab all animal books in the house and read them to them... And I finally got an answer: butterflies and kitty cats! Ok, so now we had a starting point! (Thank you!...)
Now, the next problem was... I had no butterflies or cats fabric... So I had to run to my local fabric shop and luckly they had just one butterfly print (a very soft quilting cotton) and I could actually like it but they had no cats print...
When I was heading home I thought "Humm, cats are felines so... maybe I could use a feline print of some sort..." So I used this kind-of feline knit I had just bought a few weeks ago from an end-of-bolt bin.
I decided to add a cobalt blue ric-rac to match the butterflies print and a neon pink pom pom trim  to add color to the feline B&W print.
They are wearing store bought blouses but the leggings and the skirt were made a few weeks ago. The leggings were made from the Go To Leggings pattern (Andrea Pannell) and the skirt was drafted from this repurposed skirt I made for season 8 of PR&P (for the Refashion week).
So here they are: my little fashionistas ready to go to the zoo with their animal inspired infinity scarves!
I will be posting a tutorial for the infinity scarf this weekend, so stay tuned!  Tutorial published here!

14 comments

  1. Adoro Infinity Scarfs. E estes ficaram o máximo!

    Adoro o look so fashion das tuas meninas. Nasceram para ser umas divas da moda ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. os infinity scarfs ficaram girissimos! mas a fotografias e a produção estão incriveis. adorei!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada, Marta! Não estava a ser fácil tirar-lhes fotos até deixá-las fazer o que quisessem e ficar apenas a disparar na esperança de que saísse alguma coisa de jeito... e pelos vistos saiu! :)

      Delete
  3. mas que giras! é só atitude :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Estas duas juntas são o máximo! :)

      Delete
  4. The scarves are adorable and that photo shoot is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were not cooperating so I decided to let them do wherever they wanted and I just stayed there taking pictures and hoping to have a few ones good enough to show the scarves... I was lucky!

      Delete
  5. Adoraveis! Amei tecido das borboletas, a G. tb adora borboletas, de facto, é o animal dela na escolinha 8cada um escolheu um).

    ReplyDelete
  6. You participated! Yeah!. Love the scarves. They are definitely little fashionistas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olga! This is a 30-minute project so I managed to squeeze it in between all the other things I was doing. ;)

      Delete
  7. Adorei! Os Infinity Scarfs, as miúdas e o blog.

    Venha o tutorial, porque por mais simples que este projecto seja, nunca fiz nenhum Infinity Scarfs :) e pom-pons e gregas nunca são demais.

    Bjs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!