September's sew-cial calendar!

Hey guys! August as been a great month. In a word: vacation! :)
We have spent some time at the beach and some time in the countryside and in the woods. But I'll leave that for later (I'll share some photos later on a family life kind of post).

Sewing wise it was a good month altough I had no sewing machine for two whole weeks... And surprisingly I survived! haha I have stayed away from pattern testing (with just one exception) and again, I survived! haha
I already posted here on the blog most of the things I have sewn, so no monthly round-up collage this time.
In August I had to challenge myself to sew ahead of time... I had a few commitments so I had to sew before I went away on vacation. Well, coming from someone who works better when under (a deadline) pressure that was new... And I enjoyed it! So, sewing resolution #1 (while on vacation, under the sun and looking at the sea) is: I will start sewing ahead of time, practicing slow sewing...
This last month I had my first contributor's post at Peek-a-Boo - a fun tutorial - and I also published a simple tutorial on how to add elbow patches to any pattern. I have always looked at tutorials as a plenty-of-work-and-time-comsuming thing but I have to say I really enjoyed doing it, so resolution #2 (this time looking at my kids slowly chasing a beautiful red fox in the woods) is: I will make more tutorials.
There are a couple more sewing/ blogging resolutions but I will leave those for later. :)

And now the fun :) - September's sewing series, challenges and sew-alongs are*:


Project Run & Play season 10 (It's here! Yay!)
Starting Sep 8th
Week #1: 80's Cartoons Inspired
Week #2: The "Hand-me-down" Makeover
Week #3: The Denim Challenge
Week #4: Signature Style


SeptemberShowcaseLOGO300px
Flip This Pattern - Fall 2014
September Showcase (yours truly will be showcasing a great indie pattern!)

sew many books logo
Sew Many Books
Sep 1st - 21st (Link up and prizes)
Sew clothes for kids inspired by any kids book!

Selfish Sewing Week - Fall 2014
Sep 22-28

Monthly MashUp - with Call Ajaire
Monthly MashUp
Sep 18-26th
Crafting Con
CraftingCon
This month's theme: Princesses
Link-up here.

Craft Book Month at Craft Buds
Craft Book Month 2014
A cool challenge for all those of us craft book hoarders! :) Just make something from a craft book!
Link-up here (with prizes).

The Cottage Mama Sewing Contest
Link up until  Sep 12th (with prizes).

Upcoming Challenge: September
The Monthly Stitch
Theme: "Amnestry" - Time to revisit an old challenge or finish an UFO.


4th Annual Fall Essentials Sew-along
Sep 1st - Nov 30
Sewing and knitting a Fall wardrobe for yourself!

Am I missing any fun sewing events? Just let me know, please! :)

Let's get sew-cial! :)


*I have to make it clear that I only list here the ones I identify with the most and those I would love to join. There are a lot of sew-alongs for women clothes or for quilting, for example, that I don't include because I only make clothes for myself ocasionally and I don't quilt (much),so I usually don't include those. (Not that anyone asked or complaint about it but I just felt I should explain it. ;) ).


Olá! Agosto foi um mês muito bom. Numa palavra: Férias! :)
Passámos algum tempo na praia e no campo e na floresta. Mas vou deixar isso ara mais tarde (vou partilhar algumas fotografias num post mais familiar, sem ter a ver com costurices.)

Relativamente a costuras, foi um mês bom ainda que não tenha tido a máquina de costura comigo durante duas semanas... E, supreendentemente, sobrevivi! haha Também não fiz testes a moldes (com apenas uma excepção) e mais uma vez, sobrevivi! haha :)
As poucas coisas que consegui costurar este mês já foram todas publicadas ou serão brevemente (em data específica), por isso este mês não tenho nenhuma colagem com o "resumo" do que fiz e ainda não publiquei.
Em Agosto tive que me desafiar a costurar os projectos com (muita) antecedência... Tinha alguns compromissos (com séries de costura ou pattern tours de outras bloggers para as duas últimas semanas de Agosto e para esta primeira semana de Setembro) e por isso tive que costurar tudo antes de ir de férias. Bem, vindo de alguém que trabalha melhor sob pressão, foi uma uma novidade... E a verdade é que até gostei! Por isso, resolução n.º 1 (tomada enquanto estava de férias, estendida numa toalha a ver o mar) é: Vou passar a costurar com tempo, calmamente, deixar tudo para a última.

Neste último mês tive a minha primeira publicação enquanto colaboradora do blog Peek-a-Boo - com um tutorial - e também publiquei aqui no blog um outro tutorial simples sobre como acrescentar cotoveleiras a qualquer molde. Sempre vi os tutoriais como algo muito trabalhoso e moroso mas tenho que admitir que até gostei de os fazer, por isso a resolução n.º 2 (desta vez tomada enquanto via os meus filhos a perseguirem sorrateiramente uma raposa lindíssima pelo meio da floresta) é: Vou fazer mais tutoriais (ou passo-a-passo, como preferirem).
Tomei mais algumas resoluções no âmbito do blogging e da costura mas ficam para depois... :)

E agora, a parte divertida :) - Aqui está a lista* de desafios e séries de costura para o mês de Setembro! (Ver acima!)

Está a escapar-me algum evento? Por favor, digam! :)

*Devo esclarecer que apenas listo aqui as séries e desafios com as quais me identifico mais e nas quais, pessoalmente, gostaria de participar. Há vários sew-alongs de roupa de mulher ou de quilts, por exemplo, que não incluo aqui porque só costuro para mim ocasionalmente e normalmente não faço quilts. (Não que alguém tenha perguntado ou reclamado, mas achei que deveria deixar aqui este esclarecimento. ;) )

3 comments

  1. Vai ser um mês atarefado! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah Patrícia! Não vou participar em todos, com sorte em um ou dois... :)

      Delete
  2. Como sempre gosto de ver estas listas que nos proporcionas de coisas a acontecer... claro que penso costurar os 4 temas do PR&P cm sempre, e além disso o meu guest post no CraftingCon já foi publicado e tb farei parte da série Sew Many Books. Só coisas interessantes!!! =D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you soon!